Today, more than 400,000 children are in the U.S. foster care system. 100,000 are eligible for adoption. As a society, we’ve promised these children that we would find them safe, supportive homes.
Tragically, each year 23,000 children become too old for the foster system and leave with no family supports. These children desperately need the love and sense of belonging that can only come through adoption.
America’s Kids Belong generates broad awareness of the crisis in the US child welfare system and facilitates meaningful engagement that leads to massive change.
- Shop with foster friendly businesses like Salt by Sabrina who are supporting groups working to end this crisis
- Check out America's Kids Belongs's videos of youth needing adoption
- Share these stories on social, helping connect them with loving families
- If you know a family that is fostering or has an adopted youth, ask them how you can help
- Foster or Adopt - if you are interested, reach out to your local state agency to learn more
The foster care and adoption crisis can only be solved with your help and support. Your tax-deductible donation to America's Kids Belong helps to ensure every child has a loving family.